Campbell-James overboard in SuperFoiler race: America’s Cup sailor Paul Campbell-James, the Skipper of iD Intranet, went overboard during Race 3 of the SuperFoiler Grand Prix’s opening regatta in Adelaide – Video here…
Full Article: Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News – Campbell-James overboard in SuperFoiler race,
MAPFRE win In-Port Race: MAPFRE is new leader in the Volvo Ocean Race In-Port Series, after they won the Dongfeng In-Port Race in Guangzhou, China on Saturday…
Full Article: Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News – MAPFRE win In-Port Race,
Going to the races is something special, but yet there are still a number of people who’ve never experienced the thrills and spills it has to offer. Here are 10 reasons why a day at the races is a must for all.
1. One of the most fun aspects of the day will be having a flutter on a horse or two. Some people, even novices, choose to study the form guide in the paper, while others might ask a friend for advice or just pick a name at random. Either way, placing a bet and enjoying banter with the rest of the group you’re with is all part of the excitement.
2. Another reason the races are fun is that your horse might actually win! Over five or six races, you stand a relatively decent chance of backing a winner and certainly someone within your group is likely to have success. Let’s hope it’s you!
3. Even if you don’t win, the energy and excitement during each race is enthralling – especially if you manage to get down to the finishing post. Scream, shout, cheer – let go and have fun.
4. However, day doesn’t just rest on the races, as there’s much more to make your day out special. For instance, you could be lucky enough to spot or even hobnob with a celebrity. Many top famous folk enjoy the racing, while some even own horses.
5. You won’t feel out of place either, once you’ve got dressed up for the day. Whether it’s a glamorous dress and shoes or a new suit, this isn’t going to be your average day.
6. Because of the fun and high-fallutin’ nature of the event, the races makes for fantastic corporate entertainment. Your clients will have a day to remember, which bodes well for your company’s relationship with their business.
7. For the reasons mentioned above, the races are perfect if trying to woo a prospective client, too. It could just give you an edge over your competitors and help you secure the contract.
8. If you’re booking a stag party, then why not do it a little differently with a day at the races? It’s perfect if you want to invite older guests, such as the father of the groom, and it paves the way for a great evening, too.
9. It’s not just the lads that should get to enjoy a day at the races. Whether it’s a hen do or just a gathering for the girls, many racecourses have special Ladies Day meets, where glamorous outfits are as much the focus as the races themselves.
10. But really, a day at the races is perfect for all occasions. It could be a birthday, a couples gathering or a once a year treat – whatever the occasion, you can enjoy top days out at courses all over the country.
So, if you’re on the hunt for fun days out, whether it’s for stag parties, birthdays or any other occasion, why not give the races a try?
Why not visit LoveTheRaces.com for more information and everything you need to know about the races. If you’re struggling for hen party ideas or need somewhere ideal for corporate events entertainment, they’ll help you discover the perfect outing.