Clipper race yachtsman airlifted to hospital: Clipper Race have confirmed that the helicopter medevac of Chris Drummond has been successful and completed…
Full Article: Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News – Clipper race yachtsman airlifted to hospital,
Laser Masters UK Nationals – Day 2: Day 2 of the Laser Masters National Championships at Hayling Island SC and a new leader in the Laser Standard…
Full Article: Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News – Laser Masters UK Nationals – Day 2,
It is always a very exciting moment when the contractions start, the water breaks, and the soon-to-be parents are making their way to the hospital. Even though this is a joyous moment, it can also be very stressful, especially when the mum has not packed a maternity bag yet.
An expecting mum should pack a hospital bag weeks before the due date. This way she is ready even if the baby decides to come early. She can even pack her things in a nappy bag. There are many stylish baby bags, which can be used for both the mum and her baby. These designer nappy bags even have compartments and pockets just for the mum’s personal possessions, like her wallet and mobile phone.
Packing your first hospital bag can be a confusing. What do you really need, and what can be left at home? The following tips may come in handy.
• For the labour room – These rooms are often cold. Wearing a pair of socks can make you feel more comfortable. You will also need a couple of washcloths for when you start to sweat and a birthing gown if you do not want to wear the one provided by the hospital. These items are not essential as they are provided by the hospital and can be left at home if you are a light packer.
We recommend: Gorgeous birthing gown from Dear Jonnies. 100% birthing gown, with snap down the back and each shoulder snaps down for ease of medical access and breastfeeding for nursing mothers. Designed with your comfort in mind, Dear Johnnies can be worn during labour, surgery, or for outpatient treatment; in the days following your recovery and at home during the weeks to follow.
• For the hospital room – It does not matter if you are bringing one of your adorable baby bags, or a basic tot bag, pack a few of your best nightgowns and a robe. You want to look your best, especially if you are expecting visitors. If you feel more comfortable in sweatpants and a T-Shirt, you can pack those too. Just remember that your body will, most likely, not yet be in the same shape as it was before the pregnancy. Also, bring clean underwear and have slippers or comfortable footwear at the hospital. Bring your mobile phone if you want to contact friends and family with the good news.
• General essentials – If you like to wear make-up, pack a small assortment of your favourite products. You can also bring a hairdryer, curling iron, hair pins and clips, as well as other items you need to get ready. Some women will even bring their own sanitary napkins or pads.
We recommend: Apple and Bee toiletry Bag , to pack all your essentials. Gorgeous patterns and waterproof lining for those leaky product disasters!
• For the way home – When picking out an outfit for the way home, do not select anything tight. You will not be in shape yet, even if you start exercising right after the baby was born. Mums who are breast feeding should bring a nursing bra in case the baby is hungry on the way home. As we can imagine, not everyone lives 5 minutes away from the hospital. You will also need shoes and a jacket or coat, depending on the weather. You can also bring a couple of extra baby bags for the presents.
We recommend: Hooter Hiders Nursing Cover -Nurse discreetly in style. Generous sizing keeps mum completely covered during breastfeeding whilst in hospital. Match with one of the burp covers.
• For the baby – Aside from a car seat, you also need clothes and a couple of blankets for your little bundle of joy. Keep a swaddle blanket, diapers and baby care products in one of your nappy bags in case the baby needs to be changed or has trouble sleeping on the way home.
We recommend: Aden and Anais Wraps – get a pack of four 100% cotton muslin swaddling wraps great for summer and the help settle baby.
By packing your things in a couple of baby bags in advance, and keeping them either near the front door or in your car, you will always be ready for when your little prince or princess decides to make their grand entrance.
4mum specialise in gifts that are stylish and practical. With a great range of nappy bags for new mums along with other products, gifts and accessories. You are bound to find the best baby bags to suit all tastes and budgets.