College Sailing: Fall Season Update:
Chris Klevan provides this week’s update on activity in the Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association (ICSA).
The #12 ranked George Washington University won the MAISA (Mid Atlantic) Women’s Fall Dinghy Championship, hosted by SUNY Maritime College. The regatta, on the shores of the East River, was dictated by the breeze, or lack thereof. The eight race event therefore was a stressful one for MAISA teams hopeful of a berth to the Women’s Atlantic Coast Championships with only seven available.
The Colonials of GWU were impressive, finishing in the top-…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – College Sailing: Fall Season Update, Editor
Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18: Episode 2:
The Volvo Ocean Race, now in it’s 13th edition, is back. This is the second episode of a weekly summary that will continue throughout the race.
In this week’s race summary:
– Footage of the village and festivities, planes flying over, dock out scenes
– Footage of the start and near collisions with the spectator fleet
– Footage of Dongfeng in the lead stretching away from Alicante
– Onboard interview with Carolyn Brouwer
– Footage of when Vestas and AkzoNobel moved into the lead
– Onboard interviews from Vestas and AkzoNobel about their move
– Tactical discussionas the fleet spreads out in the At…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18: Episode 2, Editor