Newport Bermuda: The Waiting is Over:
Newport, RI (June 15, 2018) – Making attempts at breaking records, surviving rough seas, reveling in starry nights and bonding over the adventure of navigating 635 miles of open water are all part of the longstanding and storied history of the Newport Bermuda Race, first held in 1906.
Since its inception, over 52,000 sailors (more than twice the population of the city from which the racers depart) have checked this race off their bucket list as many consider this a “must do” in the world of yachting.
World On Water Global Sailing News – June 15, 2018:
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta 2018 11th edition Day One with light winds.
• Melges 24 World Championships in Victoria Canada wrap.
• Volvo “Dock-Out” Cardiff In-Port race and Brunel preview of Leg 10 to Gothenburg.
• Auckland City NZ plans for the waterfront and the 2021 America’s Cup.
• Niklas Zennstrom talks about his new Fast 40+ yacht and his future plans.
• Monoco Globe Series of IMOCA yacht…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – World On Water Global Sailing News – June 15, 2018, Editor