Skunked at 52 SUPER SERIES Zadar:
Zadar, Croatia (June 22, 2018) – Thunderstorms followed by the infamous strong Bora wind, which gusted to over 30kts on the race course, proved too much for racing today at the Zadar Royal Cup, the second event of the 2018 52 SUPER SERIES. ?Racing is scheduled to resume tomorrow and conclude on June 24.
Standings after four races:
1. Luna Rossa (ITA) (Patrizio Bertelli) (1,2,5,3) 11 p.
2. Platoon (GER) (Harm Müller-Spreer) (5,5,2,2) 14 p.
3. Phoenix (RSA) (Hasso/Tina Plattner) (3,7,1,6) 17 p.
4. Sled (USA) (Takashi Okura) (6,4,7,1) 18 p.
5. Provezza (TUR) (Ergin Imre) (11,3,4,5) 23 p.
6. Alegre (USA/GBR) (Andrés Soriano) (2…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Skunked at 52 SUPER SERIES Zadar, Editor
R2AK: It’s a vortex, man:
(June 22, 2018; Day 6) – There are places in the world that are their own centers of gravity. The great garbage patch of the Pacific gyre that collects the downstream accumulation of our plastic world, the beaches that unexplainably attract a disproportionate number of left shoes, the British Colombian coastline’s odd but statistically significant macabre collection of severed feet.
These are places on the planet that through a blurry line confluence of physics, hydrodynamics, and the seemingly random total of human behavior are a black hole vortex of one anomaly or another.