Stay Sailing with Attitude and Ability:
When is it time to leave the sport? It was a question asked by a 74 year old on SailboatOwners.com. Here were some of the replies:
• I think it all depends on attitude – if you think you are up to it, you likely are.
• I expect I will know when it’s time to swallow the anchor.
• Old sailors never die, they just get a little dinghy.
• My knees will tell me when my sailing number is up. Unless my wife kills me first.
• Age is not the factor. It’s healthy condition.
• Lots of folks in my yacht club switch to stinkpots when…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Stay Sailing with Attitude and Ability, Editor
World Superyacht Awards 2017:
Boat International Media, the global authority on superyachting, announced the distinguished winners of the World Superyacht Awards 2017 on May 14 in Florence, Italy. Now in their 12th year, the prestigious awards celebrate the most remarkable and innovative superyachts from across the globe that have launched over the last 12 months.
This year, the winning superyachts ranged from the most complex and challenging vessels ever built to magnificent explorer yachts capable of taking their owners to all corners of the globe.
Sixty nominations from 14 different countries make this year’s awards the most competitive to-date, with a total of 15 stand-out winners recognised for th…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – World Superyacht Awards 2017, Editor