See our Guidelines.
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.