Team Aqua claim the RC44 Sotogrande Cup: Chris Bake’s Team Aqua claimed the RC44 Sotogrande Cup after recovering from a broken bowsprit…
Full Article: Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News – Team Aqua claim the RC44 Sotogrande Cup,
FAST40+ Class Spring Regatta: Bas de Voogd’s Hitchhiker came out fighting for their first taste of the action in the FAST40+ Class, winning two races by narrow margins…
Full Article: Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News – FAST40+ Class Spring Regatta,
We all have a right to work in a safe environment. Even if the jobs we do involve necessary hazards, measures must be taken and upheld to protect our health and safety at all times. Here are 10 types of injuries and health problems caused in the workplace, which may result in a claim.
1. Mesothelioma is one of the most serious workplace illnesses and is related to exposure to asbestos. Taking decades to manifest, it attacks the lining which protects the body’s organs.
2. Another asbestos-related illness is absestosis, which involves scarring of the lungs that causes shortness of breath. It is commonly associated with regular or prolonged exposure to the compound.
3. Spinal injuries are extremely serious and are caused by trips, falls, lifting, road traffic accidents and much more. The impact can vary, depending on the seriousness of the injury, but could be as serious as paralysis. Whatever the level of your injury, if it’s had or having a big impact on your life, a claim could be made.
4. Another very serious type of injury is to the head and, in particular, the brain. The potential causes are endless, however, it can lead to emotional, physical or cognitive problems that may be long-term and could affect your employment opportunities.
5. People who drive for a living are obviously exposed to the numerous hazards that exist on the road. If you’ve been involved in a road traffic accident and suffered an injury that’s impacted on your life, you may want to speak to a solicitor.
6. If you have suffered a permanent loss of hearing as a result of where you work, this is described as industrial deafness. Likewise, excessive noise can cause a ringing sound in your ears which is called tinnitus.
7. Lung cancer is another industrial disease which is closely related to asbestos exposure. It is often caused where asbestos exposure is combined with regular smoking.
8. If a family member has been killed as the result of an accident at work, then it is worthwhile speaking to a solicitor about making a claim.
9. Industrial and road accidents occasionally result in amputations that obviously have a huge impact on people’s lives. As well as the physical limitations it can cause, there are also a number of mental and physical health problems to beware of.
10. Not all accidents are physical and psychological problems can be caused by things that occur at work. If you’ve suffered some form of trauma, you may be eligible to put in a claim.
No matter which workplace accident, injury or illness you have suffered from, you may wish to make a compensation claim.
To find out more about making an accident claim, why not visit Fentons.co.uk? They have specialist solicitors who deal with accidents in the workplace, from asbestosis to industrial deafness.