Top Ten Sailor Hangouts:
Aside from yacht clubs, every harbor needs a place where sailors can hang out. Here are ten good ones…
Foxy’s, Jost Van Dyke, British Virgin Islands
In the British Virgin Islands, one of the world’s great sailing playgrounds, everybody comes to Foxy’s. Foxy Callwood presides over this ramshackle, open-air beach bar at Great Harbour on the island of Jost Van Dyke, serving flying-fish sandwiches, grilled lobster, and other local delicacies, plus oceans of rum drinks and beers created in his own microbrewery. Foxy plays guitar and sings calypso, sometimes making up teasing songs about his guests on the spot; 284/495-9258 or Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Top Ten Sailor Hangouts, Editor
Changes at Hall Spars & Rigging:
Bristol, RI (July 5, 2016) – Hall, Inc. (Hall Spars & Rigging and Hall Composites) announced today that Tom Rossi has been named President & CEO of the company effective 27 June 2016. He will be responsible for all Hall operations in the US, Holland and New Zealand. Rossi succeeds Eric Hall, founder of the company, who will remain as Company Chairman. Hall Spars & Rigging has been the premiere builder of high-performance spars and rigging since its founding in 1980. Full report.
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Changes at Hall Spars & Rigging, Editor
1. Make sure you relax and make sure you have a good time. Dating is allowed to be fun therefore allow it to be fun. Decide on things to do which you both equally really like so that you can chill out, laugh and enjoy. If you think online dating is miserable, then keep away.
2. Ensure you groom yourself before your meeting. Make sure you are freshly bathed, have clean breath and select an outfit that flatters you. Save your insane or even overly sexy clothes for when you get to know the person.
3. Do listen closely. Listening is more important rather than speaking. Ask your date plenty of questions and hone in on similar passions. Never talk about your self constantly as that’s the greatest turn-off.
4. Make sure you pay your date complements. If you feel your date looks nice, say so. Don’t concentrate on your date’s imperfections; give attention to their good points. If it looks like your date invested some time in getting ready, compliment them and let them know you have picked up on this.
5. Do be positive. Don’t complain on your date. Nobody wants to hear how miserable you are. A poor attitude can destroy a date faster than anything.
6. Ensure you be honest and upfront. When the date failed to click, inform your partner you will have to consider it and you will contact them again should you be interested.
7. You should be proactive. You should take the initiative to meet people to date. Practice flirting, smile, always be friendly and make eye contact. This will demonstrate to people you’re available and will raise your likelihood of being asked out.
8. Do date creatively don’t be boring. Do not go to the movies where you are unable to talk or get acquainted with your date. Go to dinner, bowling and then a movie or go horseback riding, trekking or to a craft creativity event.
9. Its important to let family and friends you are dating. You’ll never know when someone you know might try playing matchmaker. It might or may not work out but an option you should be ready to explore.
10. You should be courteous and have manners. Offer to shell out for all or even fifty percent of the date even in the event that you are the lady. Say “please” and “thank you” and be respectful of the other person’s feelings.
There’s countless of webpages online which can give you loads of advice on best use of Internet dating sites, have a search around before getting into anything.