Veeder Cup 2017:
The 2017 Veeder Cup was underway this week in the Monterey Bay outside the Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club between Lucky Duck of MPYC and Eylxir of SCYC. Light winds, prohibiting a fifth race, forced a tie in the event at 2:2, the latest in a series of local regattas, including Windjammer and Jazz Cup, stymied by the light local winds.
The Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club will retain the cup, at least until the 2018 challenge.
We’re proud of our SCYC team for their excellent performance and of all competitors for enduring the taxing conditions.
Summer Junior Sailing Opportunities!!:
- Sail on Lake Elizabeth – Fun regatta series on Lake Elizabeth in Fremont
- Spring Sunday Series: June 11th, June 25th
- Summer Sunday Series: July 9th, July 23rd
- Fall Sunday Series: August 27th, September 17th, October 1st
- Friday Night Dinghy Sailing – SCYC
- On the Friday before the SCYC One Design, Scholastic Sailors can join the Lasers for a regatta!
- Dates: May 19th, June 16th, July…
Full Article: The Santa Cruz Yacht Club – Summer Junior Sailing Opportunities!!, James Jackson
Free Advert: Click here to list your Sailing Site or Social Media Account.Previous: Spinnaker Sheet, September 2017