VIDEO: When Yachts Collide:
How do you like your T-Bone cooked?
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – VIDEO: When Yachts Collide, Editor
Cause of Offshore Casualty:
When 108 yachts started the 71st edition of the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race on December 26, their plans for finishing the 628nm offshore classic were quickly disrupted by the most dramatic weather and racing conditions the race has seen in over a decade.
Thirty-one yachts would not survive the storm. What derailed their effort? Here is the list:
• Trybooking.com – Retired – Damage to bow thruster
• GYR Wot Eva – Retired
• Frantic – Retired – Torn mainsail
• Dekadence – Retired – Electrical problems
• CEX Dolce – Retired – Broken mast
• Hollywood Boulevard – Retired – Hull damage
• KLC Bengal 7 – Retired – Mainsail damage