World on Water Global Sailing News – April 20, 2018:
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• On-board Tour of Marcus Blackmores’ TP 52 (ex 2015 champion Azzurra) by Paul Westlake North Sails.
• Vestas 11th Hour Racing arrives under jury rig in Itajai to start Leg 8 of the Volvo to Newport R.I.
• ETNZ Ray Davies and Dan Berscaloni discuss the 36th America’s Cup protocol.
• Huge Maxi Tri Banque Populaire 15 capsizes.
• Niklas Zennstrom’s new Fast 40 from Carkeek Design is built by Jason Carrington…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – World on Water Global Sailing News – April 20, 2018, Editor
Training can be fun too:
The US Olympic Sailing program developed two strong teams within the 470 Women’s event capable of competing for the podium at Rio 2016 Games, but when both crews retired from the class afterwards, there is no team now capable of filling the void.
However, there are several efforts taking up the challenge, one of which are Nikole Barnes and Lara Dallman-Weiss who are now at the steep end of the learning curve. While not yet ready to take on the European circuit, this weekend they will set sail in the prestigious 63rd Miami to Key Largo Race.
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Training can be fun too, Editor