World On Water Global Sailing News – August 10, 2018:
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• GC 32 Championships wrap.
• Swan Nations Trophy – Palma, Mallorca, Spain.
• Wendy Tuck became the first female to win a Round The World Race.
• Sailing World Championships – Aarhus, Denmark.
• Clipper Round The World Race finish with female Skippers in boats 1 & 2.
• Nacra 17 rudder noise.
• Finn Gold Cup Aarhus Day 3.
• Michael Coxon gives his take on what’s happening in Sai…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – World On Water Global Sailing News – August 10, 2018, Editor
Life is Short, Take the Leap:
by Molly Winans, SpinSheet magazine
Call it analysis paralysis. Call it fear of buyer’s remorse. I suffered from it as I chose my new standup paddleboard (SUP), which come to think of it, is my first boat purchase.
I can imagine readers’ reactions to this statement. Salty sailors may say, “What? How can you have sailed since childhood, yet never owned a boat?” Savvy readers may say, “Sailing OPB for 40 years? Way to go!”
Yacht brokers may rub their hands together and say, “Paddleboarding is the gateway drug for bigger boat purchases.” Mark Bandy and Mark…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Life is Short, Take the Leap, Editor