World On Water Global Sailing News – January 11, 2019:
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• 2019 13 and 16 Foot Skiff Championships at the Darling Point Sailing Squadron in Brisbane, Australia.
• 2019 Tornado World Championship in Auckland, New Zealand.
• 2019 Dragon Worlds in Fremantle, Australia.
• First day of Sail Paradise on the Goald Coast in Queensland, Australia.
• Simon Fowler fro the Sailing Blog “Ocean Fox” interviews Jeremy Wtatt of the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers on the lastest ARC Rally…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – World On Water Global Sailing News – January 11, 2019, Editor
Splice Failure Linked to Fatality:
For more than 35 years, Practical Sailor has been taking the guesswork out of boat and gear buying with bold, independent boat tests, and product-test reports for serious sailors and boaters. In this report, they remind us of the risks from poor rigging.
On the 4th of September 2015, Andrew Ashman was killed during an accidental jibe, when the boom delivered a fatal injury to the base of his neck during the 2015-16 Clipper Round…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Splice Failure Linked to Fatality, Editor