World On Water Global Sailing News – October 12, 2018:
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
* The Melges IC37, could this be the “Mini TP52?”
* A preview of the Mulithulls participating in the Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe, which starts in November
* Windsurfing Worlds in Portumaio, Portugal
* A recap of the Rolex Big Boat Series in San Francisco
* Jean-Luc Van Den Heede leads the Golden Globe Fleet into the compulsory “Media” Pitstop in Hobart, Tasmania.
* 2018 Farr 40 World Championship i…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – World On Water Global Sailing News – October 12, 2018, Assoc Editor
Fifty Years of Middle Sea Race:
The 2018 golden jubilee edition of Malta’s most famous yachting event promises to be the biggest ever. The Rolex Middle Sea Race, which this year marks the 50th anniversary of its founding, will be held from the historic Grand Harbour, in the capital Valletta, October 20 – 27. Cannon fire from the Saluting Battery perched high above will launch the fleet on a 606-nautical mile adventure. Since 1978, the course has run anticlockwise around Sicily. Frequent ‘corners’ create identifiable course segments and expose the fleet to changeable sea and weather conditions that make it especially challenging.
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – Fifty Years of Middle Sea Race, Assoc Editor