World On Water Global Sailing News – September 14, 2018:
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• First video of Emirates Team New Zealand’s test rig for the canting foil for the AC 72 boats
• Subic Bay in the Philippines is busy with the Scallywag crew putting the finishing touches on the 100 Footer, readying for the Big Boat and Hobart races
• 2018 Rolex Swan World Cup
• TT:R Open World Championships
• Optimist World Championships Limassol, Cyprus
• Maxi Yacht Rolex Cup and 72 Maxi World Championships in Costa Smeralda …
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – World On Water Global Sailing News – September 14, 2018, Assoc Editor
West Coast Clubs Surge at Resolute Cup:
Newport, RI (September 13, 2018) – It hasn’t been sunny and warm like San Diego, or breezy like San Francisco, but clubs from those two West Coast sailing meccas shined through some unfamiliar, and dreary, weather on the first two days of the 2018 Resolute Cup, hosted by the New York Yacht Club Harbour Court.
Day 2 started with a healthy does of optimism that the regatta could catch back up after only completing three races on Day 1, but a northeasterly breeze that never quite established itself limited the race committee to two races today on Narragansett Bay.
The overall standings will show Eastern Yacht Club (Marblehead, Mass.) in the lead with 15 points, with Chicago Yac…
Full Article: Scuttlebutt Sailing News – West Coast Clubs Surge at Resolute Cup, Assoc Editor